Hunt Midwest SubTropolis has an opportunity for a part-time security/safety officer. Job functions include serving and protecting the properties of Hunt Midwest and enforcing all federal laws, state statutes, and municipal ordinances, and enforcing all other rules and regulations as required.
Hunt Midwest SubTropolis has an opportunity for an armed security/safety officer. Job functions include serving and protecting the properties of Hunt Midwest and enforcing all federal laws, state statutes, and municipal ordinances, and enforcing all other rules and regulations as required. Candidate must be able to present themselves in a professional manner and maintain good working relationships with all employees of Hunt Midwest, its customers, and all visitors and guests.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Enforcing all rules and regulations as required by Hunt Midwest to help ensure each individual’s safety in SubTropolis.
- Initiating the preliminary investigation into any criminal occurrences within his or her direct responsibility and provide an accurate report of same.
- Seeking the apprehension and/or arrest of individuals involved in any criminal occurrence and provide accurate reports and court testimony for their prosecution.
- Providing quick and proper response to any emergency that threatens the life or property of any employee, tenant or visitor to SubTropolis.
- Conducting and performing regular fire protection, safety and security related inspections, checks and reports as outlined by procedures.
Successful candidate must be willing to work any shift, including nights and/or weekends and must have a minimum of two years previous experience in armed security, law enforcement or military service and be able to obtain an armed commission from the Kansas City, Missouri Board of Police Commissioners Private Officers Licensing Section (fee for commission paid by Hunt Midwest).
- Requires a broad knowledge of industrial security/safety program needs, rules and regulations concerning police conduct, evidence gathering and presentation.
- Progressive experience in an industrial safety/security setting dealing with fire safety.
- Ability to walk through SubTropolis buildings and physically perform tests on water/sprinkler valves and fire hydrants.
- Ability to use hand tools, small power tools and accessories to test fire-fighting systems as necessary.
- Requires strong oral and written communication skills, good initiative and a willingness to learn.
Qualified candidates only, please email or send resume and salary expectations to:
8300 NE Underground Drive, Suite 100
Kansas City, MO 64161