Website Hunt Midwest
Hunt Midwest is a dynamic real estate development company privately held by the Lamar Hunt family. Based in Kansas City with over 50 years of development, construction and management experience, Hunt Midwest’s wide range of projects include industrial, commercial, mission critical, self-storage, residential, multifamily, senior living, mixed use and SubTropolis, the world’s largest underground business complex.
To assist the Manager of Accounting in maintaining the general ledger, TIF administration, and preparation of monthly financial statements for all Hunt Midwest companies. Be responsive to the requests of the VP/CFO and finance/accounting directors. Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial reports.
- Prepare and enter journal entries as part of month-end close.
- Assist in the annual financial statement audit ensuring all client prepared work papers are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assist in the preparation of skeletal spreadsheets for budget items for all companies.
- Analyze and reconcile accounts for accuracy and trends.
- Enter/update property management information in financial system for new leases and renewals.
- Create and print monthly tenant invoices. Create miscellaneous invoices as needed.
- Review work orders for accuracy. Create and print tenant invoices for completed work orders.
- Assist in the annual audit of the company defined contribution plan.
- Assist in the administration of the company section 125 plan.
- Assist in the collection and compilation of EATs and PILOT payments for all TIF projects.
- Work closely with city and county governmental authorities to ensure proper TIF reporting.
- Prepare and mail tenant/property owner correspondence to ensure proper TIF reporting requirements.
- Prepare and submit monthly pay applications and affirmative action reports to the TIF Commission.
- Prepare monthly interest calculations as they relate to outstanding TIF expenditures.
- Assist in the maintenance of all TIF correspondence and financial records.
- Cross-train and serve as backup to all accounting administrative staff.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends in the field of Finance and Accounting.
- Be responsive to the requests of the president & CEO, CFO, accounting directors, and operating divisions.
- Duties are not limited to those described above. Others may be assigned periodically by management.
- Requires broad knowledge of accounting and finance principles at a level normally acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting or equivalent.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team and independently as well.
- Requires attention to detail and great organizational skills.
- Requires reading of materials to interpret and analyze content. (i.e. reading technical reports and partnership financial statements).
- Requires strong oral and written communication skills to make presentations to all levels of people both inside and outside the company (i.e. meeting with auditors, banks, etc.).
- Requires advanced computer skills and knowledge of spreadsheets. Understand accounting system.
- Basic professional ability that requires a working knowledge of theory and practice in a professional field.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail for up to eighty percent of work activities (i.e., filing, typing, calculating, proof reading).
- Ability to operate standard office machines and equipment.
- Ability to file documents in filing cabinets, pack storage boxes and move boxes up to 30 lbs. to storage room.
Years of Experience:
- 3-5 years of work experience in an accounting position.
Degree and Licenses:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing situations calmly and efficiently.
- Requires handling of confidential matters.
Machines & Equipment Operated:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Yardi, SharePoint and other related software systems as required.
- Knowledge operating standard office equipment.
Working Conditions & Environmental Factors:
- Extended viewing of computer screen.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise and temperature changes.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Qualified candidates only. Please email or send resume and salary expectations to:
8300 NE Underground Drive, Suite 100
Kansas City, MO 64161