Website Hunt Midwest
Hunt Midwest is a Kansas City-based, privately held real estate development company with six decades of expertise in industrial, self-storage, residential, multifamily, and senior living communities, with more than $2 billion of developed projects in multiple geographic markets. Hunt Midwest leverages its reputation, resources, and relationships to create successful real estate solutions.
Responsible to the Director, Corporate Marketing, the Corporate Communications Coordinator is responsible for developing and executing the strategy to bridge internal and external business communications across a variety of media platforms. The position will promote the corporate mission statement and brand identity via social media accounts, on-line advertising, company blogs, tenant case studies, press releases and other activities which promote the “Hunt Midwest” story.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Incorporate policies and procedures for communicating on behalf of Hunt Midwest that accurately represents the company’s brand identity
- Develop and implement tactical and strategic plans for social media, press releases, and media relations
- Coordinate internal communications with Human Resources
- Recognize areas of improvement for company communication plans, goals, and content
- Plan and manage the design, content, and production of marketing materials. Experience with creating social media content a plus.
- Collaborate with business teams to drive key initiatives and maintain consistency across multiple business platforms
Supervisory Responsibilities (Direct and Indirect):
- Requires a broad knowledge of communications and marketing principles at a level acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Requires strong oral and written communications skills for presentations to executives, management, and staff, and external stakeholders
- Requires thorough knowledge of social media platforms
- Written communication should be concise and accurate and include strong attention to spelling, punctuation, and grammar
Years of Experience:
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience in real estate or a related field
Degree and Licenses:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism, English, or equivalent
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing situations calmly and efficiently
- Requires handling of confidential matters
Machines & Equipment Operated:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other related software systems as required
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment
- Proficiency using WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite applications a plus
Working Conditions & Environmental Factors:
- Extended viewing of computer screen
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise and temperature changes
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Hunt Midwest is committed to promoting diversity within our organization. We recognize the importance of an inclusive work environment and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Qualified candidates only, please email or send resume and salary expectations to:
1881 Main Street
Kansas City, MO 64108