Website Hunt Midwest
Hunt Midwest is a Kansas City-based, privately held real estate development company with six decades of expertise in industrial, self-storage, residential, multifamily, and senior living communities, totaling more than $1 billion of developed projects in multiple geographic markets. Hunt Midwest leverages its reputation, relationships, and resources to create successful real estate solutions.
Responsible to the Vice President of Acquisitions & Development to support and assist in the coordination of timelines and deliverables related to land acquisitions, due diligence, entitlements and incentives, and construction financing Hunt Midwest development projects. Minimum of three years’ experience working for a real estate developer, title company, law firm, or real estate lending institution.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Abstract purchase and sale contracts, develop acquisition timelines, and coordinate due diligence deliverables for assigned development projects.
- Request records and drawings from municipalities to assist in the review of property acquisition.
- Coordinate and schedule due diligence activities for selected professional consultants and vendors that make up the project due diligence team, including title company, geotechnical, environmental and civil engineers, contractors, and architects.
- Establish internal document folder for each development opportunity and retain all documents in SharePoint and permanent hard copy files as necessary.
- Utilize and maintain a development checklist for each assigned project.
- Coordinate and schedule due diligence meetings with applicable team members for each development project.
- Coordinate due diligence deliverables and reports including ALTA survey, environmental and Phase I reports, title commitments, zoning reports, and other consulting reports.
- Maintain spreadsheets for due diligence budgets and timelines.
- With assistance from outside legal counsel, prepare simple amendments to purchase agreements, leases and other real estate documents.
- Coordinate the earnest money deposit for signed purchase agreements and communicate wiring information to the Hunt Midwest accounting team.
- Review ALTA Survey, title commitments and exception documents, and track changes through the diligence period.
- Coordinate land and construction loan closings and facilitate document signing, coordinate wire transfers, and obtain signatures for Board of Directors Consent.
- Assist development team in the preparation of the annual corporate business plan, Board books and capital budget.
- Duties are not limited to those described above. Others may be assigned periodically by management.
- Requires a general knowledge of real estate development, land acquisition, and related legal documents.
- Work experience should include 3 years’ experience working for a real estate developer, title company, law firm, or real estate lending institution.
- Ability to use Excel, Word, and other office automation software to create budgets, schedules, timelines, or other documents necessary to assist the development team.
- Interpersonal skills requiring ordinary courtesy and tact are necessary to communicate effectively with professional consultants, vendors, government entities, utility companies, and contractors.
- Requires strong oral and written communication skills to make presentations to all levels of people both inside and outside the company.
- Must have strong project and time management skills, including the ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to coordinate outside vendors and consultants, particularly in the due diligence process.
- Requires writing to explain or describe. Some creativity is required. Spelling, punctuation and grammar must be correct.
- Computer literacy.
Supervisory Responsibilities (Direct and Indirect):
Years of Experience:
- Minimum of three years experience working for a real estate developer, title company, law firm, or real estate lending institution.
- Bachelor’s degree and experience with real estate development or related industry is required. In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, comparable and extensive real estate or legal experience will be considered.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing situations calmly and efficiently.
Machines & Equipment Operated:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other related software systems as required.
- Knowledge operating standard office equipment.
Working Conditions & Environmental Factors:
- Extended viewing of computer screen.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise and temperature changes.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hunt Midwest is committed to promoting diversity within our organization. We recognize the importance of an inclusive work environment and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Qualified candidates only, please email or send resume and salary expectations to:
8300 NE Underground Drive, Suite 100
Kansas City, MO 64161