Website Hunt Midwest
Hunt Midwest is a dynamic real estate development company privately held by the Lamar Hunt family. Based in Kansas City with over 50 years of development, construction and management experience, Hunt Midwest’s wide range of projects include industrial, commercial, mission critical, self-storage, residential, multifamily, senior living, mixed use and SubTropolis, the world’s largest underground business complex.
With responsibilities for administrative support and office manager, the Executive Assistant will serve as a strategic partner with the President & CEO for execution of the administrative functions of the company. To be successful in this position, the Executive Assistant should have 5 to 7 years of administrative experience directly with a C-level executive and have knowledge and experience as would be acquired through a two-year or four-year degree.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Provides comprehensive administrative support services to the president & CEO that ensures a professional, responsive and effective experience with the organization as a whole.
- Provides sophisticated calendar management.
- Plans travel arrangements for the president and other personnel when requested; prepares itineraries and distributes to appropriate personnel.
- Prioritizes inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts with little guidance; makes judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Administers correspondence, manages incoming calls, and prioritizes phone messages, emails and mail. Handles all calls and visitors with grace, sophistication and professionalism.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization and manages a variety of special projects for the president & CEO, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Works with the marketing department and PR consultant in finalizing and proofreading press releases.
- Assists with logistics and provides administrative support for civic engagements within the Community.
Board Support and Liaison
- Serves as the president’s administrative liaison to Hunt Midwest board of directors.
- Helps prepare board meeting materials for Hunt Midwest in a timely and effective manner.
- Attends HME Board meetings; takes and transcribes minutes of the meetings.
- Adheres to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings.
Communications, Partnerships and Outreach
- Coordinates the ordering and distribution of company Chiefs tickets; orders food and beverage and serves as host for the suite for all home football games.
- Coordinates the ordering and distribution of company Starlight tickets.
- Coordinates company sponsorships and/or table reservations for luncheons and dinners for numerous civic events.
- Works with the Kansas City Chiefs community relations staff in coordinating shared events.
- Works with lobbyist and keeps track of political contributions.
- Ability to proofread and perform editing (e.g., punctuation, grammar, spelling) of routine office correspondence, press releases, and other documents.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize activities of most importance.
- Ability to work independently to solve problems and develop solutions.
- Ability to accurately compose routine correspondence, forms, reports, and presentations.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with individuals both inside and outside the company.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality, integrity, honesty, dependability, and trustworthiness.
- Ability to concentrate and pay attention to detail (e.g., filing, typing, calculating, proofreading).
- Ability to work within various technologies (e.g. Microsoft Office, OneDrive, SharePoint, Zoom).
- Ability to operate standard office machines and equipment.
Years of Experience:
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of C-level administrative experience.
- Knowledge as normally acquired through a two-year or four-year degree.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing situations calmly and efficiently.
- Requires handling of confidential matters.
- Notary Public
Machines & Equipment Operated:
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite and other related software systems as required.
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment.
Working Conditions & Environmental Factors:
- Extended viewing of computer screen.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise and temperature changes.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hunt Midwest is committed to promoting diversity within our organization. We recognize the importance of an inclusive work environment and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Qualified candidates only. Please email or send resume and salary expectations to:
8300 NE Underground Drive, Suite 100
Kansas City, MO 64161