Website Hunt Midwest
Hunt Midwest is a dynamic real estate development company privately held by the Lamar Hunt family. Based in Kansas City with over 50 years of development, construction and management experience, Hunt Midwest’s wide range of projects include industrial, commercial, mission critical, self-storage, residential, multifamily, senior living, mixed use and SubTropolis, the world’s largest underground business complex.
Responsible for all aspects of second shift cleaning, organization, repairs and other work related to underground industrial and commercial business operations. While facilities team members share responsibilities for all areas of maintenance for the Facility, we are looking for individuals with an excellent work ethic, strong internal motivation, and an eye for detail. Reports directly to the Manager of Facilities but takes direction from the designated leadman. Minimum of three years of experience in property management/maintenance is strongly desired. Underground experience is very helpful but not required.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Under supervision from the Manager of Facilities and under direction of the designated leadman, performs duties as assigned to support the second shift (3:30PM-12:00AM) Facilities team.
- Performs all tasks supporting larger assignments and daily work routines, including, but not limited to, cleaning, janitorial, sweeping, scrubbing, wiping, hosing, rinsing, washing, operating cleaning and sweeping equipment, and other cleanliness tasks.
- Possesses intermediate building trades knowledge (painting, plumbing, equipment service, cleaning, etc.).
- Ability to represent the Company professionally, at all times, regarding grooming, appearance and verbal skills. Possesses a can-do, hard-working self-starting attitude.
- Comfortable working as a utility player with flexible, changing assignments and work areas, on a daily basis.
- Possesses fundamental mintenance-related skills, is a fast learner, and can follow verbal and written directions.
- Prioritizes work in an appropriate manner for the needs of each particular shift.
- Comfortable working in a very large commercial and industrial underground business environment.
- Duties are not limited to those described above. Others may be assigned by leadmen.
Supervisory Responsibilities (Direct and Indirect):
- Understanding of the current best practices within the fields of facilities management, maintenance, construction and safety.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with tenants, staff, contractors and other employees.
- Always puts safety first. Has a fast work pace but it constantly aware of his or her surroundings and works smartly and safely.
- Ability to work long periods independently, but as part of a distributed team.
- Embraces new methods, processes and technology.
- A minimum of three years responsible work experience. Preference given to those with experience working in an Underground commercial & industrial environment.
- Ability to carry out both verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively via Microsoft Outlook (email) and Microsoft Teams with Leadmen, management and other team members on the same and separate shifts.
- Laborer, Semi-Skilled, Skilled
Years of Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience.
Degree and Licenses:
- Not required, but formal education beyond high school is beneficial to all applicants.
- Knowledge as normally acquired through 3 to 5 years of on-the-job work experience in maintenance, commercial/industrial property management, mining and/or construction.
- Valid Driver’s License
- CDL desired but not required
- Ability to meet deadlines. Excellent time management.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing situations calmly and efficiently.
- Requires handling of confidential matters.
- All facilities team members must join the Heavy Laborer’s Union 663 representing our maintenance crew 6 weeks after hire.
Machines & Equipment Operated:
- PC, Microsoft Office; SharePoint experience is helpful.
- Angus Maintenance-Management Software
- Various hand tools
- Various sweeping equipment
- Various personnel lifts, forklifts, loaders and powered tools
- Paint sprayers
- Power washers and pumps
Working Conditions & Environmental Factors:
- Exposure to extreme heat or cold.
- Exposure to occupational chemicals, dust and fumes.
- Dark and dusty work environment.
- Exposure to noise exceeding 85 decibels to silent.
- Working in an underground environment.
- On-call overtime as needed according to union seniority structure.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Qualified candidates only, please email or send resume and salary expectations to:
8300 NE Underground Drive, Suite 100
Kansas City, MO 64161