Hunt Midwest is a dynamic real estate development company with over 50 years of development, construction and management experience in a wide range of projects including industrial, commercial, mission critical, self-storage, residential, multifamily, senior living, mixed-use and SubTropolis, the world’s largest underground business complex.
Responsible for maintaining all phases of the residential communities including building lots and common areas. Reports to Senior Manager of Residential Projects.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Operate skid-steers, tractors, mowing equipment, light and heavy-duty trucks to conduct ground maintenance activities, such as mowing, installation of erosion control devices, seeding, lot cleanup, grade work and miscellaneous work orders.
- Interpret company policies, follow and enforce safety regulations.
- Maintain procedures to meet production schedules.
- Analyze and resolve work problems or assist co-workers in solving work problems.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew.
- Provide Residential staff with any needed information or direction.
- Duties are not limited to those described above. Others may be assigned periodically by management.
- Generally, these positions have set daytime hours on weekdays.
Supervisory Responsibilities (Direct & Indirect):
- Ability to climb into and operate various pieces of equipment such as skid-steers, tractors, mowing equipment, light and heavy duty trucks. Ability to perform minor preventative maintenance and safety checks.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a Class A commercial driver’s license within 3 months of employment.
- Requires a broad knowledge of the maintenance and construction industry as it relates to property maintenance, grading, erosion control and residential infrastructure.
- Personally self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Interpersonal skills requiring ordinary courtesy and tact are necessary to communicate effectively with engineers, city personnel, subcontractors, builders, homeowners and coworkers.
- Ability to safely operate vehicle from project to project to transport equipment and complete assigned tasks.
- Must have mental and emotional capacity to make sound decisions that involve equipment operation and safety.
Years of Experience:
- Minimum of 1-2 years work experience in the property maintenance, landscape or construction industry.
- None required.
Machines & Equipment Operated:
- All equipment utilized in the various projects related to property maintenance, grading, erosion control and residential infrastructure. These machines include but are not limited to skid-steers, tractors, mowing equipment, light/heavy duty trucks and basic office equipment (calculator, copiers/printers, telephone, etc.).
Working Conditions & Environmental Factors:
- Exposure to extreme heat and cold.
- Dusty environments.
- Skid-steers and tractors are climate controlled.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing situations calmly and efficiently.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Qualified candidates only. Please email or send resume to:
8300 NE Underground Drive, Suite 100
Kansas City, MO 64161