Hunt Midwest is a full-service real estate development company with a focus on industrial, commercial, retail, mission critical, multifamily, senior living and residential real estate.
Responsible to the general manager to coordinate construction and planning for all assigned projects. Responsible for proactively creating conditions that facilitate the completion of projects on time and within budget. Responsible for P&L and capital budgets for projects under direct management and supervision. College degree in construction management, civil engineering or a related field required. Minimum of seven years experience in general contracting or construction management required.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Responsible for planning, cost estimating and awarding bids for assigned projects, including new construction, expansions, and remodels.
- Responsible for maintaining high safety standards and ensure compliance with all government and insurance safety standards.
- Work with contractors ensuring all construction is completed per scope of work and progress billings are accurate and timely.
- Communicate to senior management as to the needs on capital improvement projects.
- Coordinate planning, engineering, and design drawings and oversee third party A&E contractors necessary to develop various company projects and developments.
- Obtain and monitor permits, process government required submissions, and coordinate government inspections for assigned projects
- Participate in the design phase of projects and manage all phases of construction. Development project types include industrial, commercial, infrastructure, senior living, and multifamily.
- Oversee the bidding/contract compliance for TIF related development projects including MBE/WBE requirements, utilization plans, and pay applications.
- Meet with prospective tenants or buyers to compile all information necessary to provide accurate cost estimates for new projects and coordinate work with internal departments responsible for lease or sale negotiations.
- Coordinate scheduling of construction projects and develop master development schedule.
- Respond to and provide information as requested by HME senior management and real estate team.
- Other duties may be assigned periodically by management.
Supervisory Responsibilities (Direct & Indirect):
- All professional A&E and construction contractors for assigned projects.
- Requires a broad knowledge of construction management and building design.
- Construction experience in industrial, multi family, and seniors housing is preferable.
- College degree in related studies and a minimum of seven years’ experience in construction management.
- Prior experience in cost estimating, procurement, and construction contracts.
- Must have ability to manage, supervise and motivate employees and contractors.
- Interpersonal skills requiring ordinary courtesy and tact are necessary to communicate effectively.
- Requires strong oral and written communication skills, including spelling, punctuation, and grammar, to make presentations to internal and external organizational decision makers.
- Knowledge of the local construction industry and market.
- Ability to drive vehicle from project to project.
- Ability to lift 100 lbs.
Career Level: Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Years of Experience: Minimum of 7 years work experience in construction management.
Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing situations calmly and efficiently.
- Some out of town travel may be required.
Machines & Equipment Operated:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Bluebeam, MS Project, and other related software systems as required.
- Knowledge operating standard office equipment
- Construction small tools
Working Conditions & Environmental Factors:
- Exposure to extreme heat or cold.
- Work in underground environment up to 8 hours per day.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hunt Midwest provides a comprehensive benefits package, a dynamic work environment, and encourages a healthy work/life balance. Employer-sponsored benefits are extremely competitive as compared to similar employers within the real estate industry. The benefit offering includes:
- High quality medical insurance plan with employer paid individual coverage and substantial payment towards family coverage with low deductibles and co-pays.
- Professionally designed and managed 401K retirement plan with associated employer match and annual employer profit sharing contributions.
- Additional employer provided benefits include dental insurance, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, salary continuance plan in lieu of short-term disability insurance, and a generous PTO policy.
- Encouragement and support of career development and community involvement.
(All benefits listed above are subject to change without notice.)
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Hunt Midwest offers a competitive compensation package, including full benefits and 401k. Please include salary expectations when applying. Qualified candidates may send resumes to:
8300 NE Underground Drive, Suite 100
Kansas City, MO 64161