Hunt Midwest is a full-service real estate development company with a focus on industrial, commercial, retail, mission critical, multi-family, senior housing and residential real estate.
Responsible for answering all incoming calls on switchboard and greeting all visitors to the Hunt Midwest companies. Assist HME and HMRE with overflow work. Minimum of 2 to 5 years on-the-job experience. Knowledge normally acquired through on-the-job experience.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Operate a 4-line switchboard. Answer all incoming calls and transfer calls to the appropriate person.
- Check voice mailbox every morning before 8:30 a.m. and transfer messages to appropriate employees. Change voice mail recording when necessary (e.g. holiday, special occasion, etc.)
- Announce to all employees at corporate office, via the PA system, all fire, bomb threats or other emergencies, including drills
- Announce to all employees at corporate office, via voice mail, reminder of special notices, lunches or activities.
- Greet all visitors and notify the proper employees. Furnish directions and phone numbers of tenants.
- Responsible for employee check-out form determining vacation, off property, meetings or otherwise.
- Responsible for vacation requests for all salaried and hourly employees.
- Pick up Saturday’s mail at the mail center every Monday morning by 8:00 a.m. Manually sort and distribute mail to departments and individuals daily.
- Post all outgoing mail. Responsible for all certified letters and packages. If the courier is not available, be responsible for getting certified mail to the post office to be stamped with return receipt.
- Responsible for all incoming certified letters, signing and dating properly.
- Responsible for receiving and signing for all courier packages (i.e. UPS, FED EX, and other courier delivery services).
- Selling postage stamps to employees, as well as purchase of stamps to replenish the stamp box.
- Order all supplies for shipments via FED EX and USPS (e.g. certified mail, Priority, Express).
- Responsible for Pitney Bowes stamp machine maintenance and service calls when necessary.
- Contact Allegiant Technology representative with any issues with the phone system. Call or email Allegiant Technology representative with all changes including new hires, assist in determining new extensions.
- Update HME and Real Estate extension lists.
- Prepare anniversary cards for all employees on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for monthly comparison of KCP&L, Water and Storm Water bills for HME accounts; which includes tracking, copying and filing the bills and sending originals to A/P for payment.
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation, copying and filing monthly KCP&L invoices which are billed to tenants. MESwitching utilities into new tenant(s) name and back to the Hunt Midwest account when necessary with instructions and forms for them to set up their own KCP&L account.
- Make copies of Certificates of Insurance for accounting department and files. Sending letters of reminder for existing Certificate of Insurance 15-days prior to the expiration date. Requesting Certificates of Insurance from new tenants and/or contractors.
- Responsible for application form copies and distribution to applicants as well as verifying information (e.g. location, additional phone numbers, sign-off on all paperwork).
- Prepare files for new hires.
- Order supplies when needed for Pitney-Bowes meter (e.g. Ink, postage, tape).
- Order toner(s) for color copier in the Industrial Commercial area and for the desk copier.
- Responsible for ordering and distribution of hands-free headsets.
- Inform courier of all pick-ups, by writing down message with date and time or calling courier
- Open and sort president’s office mail when they are out of the office. Occasionally take messages for president if assistant is out of the office.
- Call vending machine provider when service is needed.
- Responsible for phone schedule for vacation days and lunch hours.
Supervisory Responsibilities (Direct & Indirect):
- Ability to read and write in order to proofread and perform editing (e.g., punctuation, grammar, spelling) of routine office correspondence, reports and forms at a level normally acquired through on the job experience.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, averages and percentages) to verify calculations on forms and documents, order departmental supplies and prepare department reports, normally achieved through a high school education.
- Ability to type routine correspondence, forms, reports, etc.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with individuals both inside and outside the company.
- Possess basic analytical skills necessary to maintain alphabetic and/or numeric filing system, and organize work load according to established priorities.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (e.g., filing, typing, calculating, proofreading).
- Ability to operate standard office machines and equipment.
Years of Experience:
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years on-the-job experience.
- Knowledge as normally acquired through on-the-job experience.
Machines & Equipment Operated:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other related software systems as required.
- Knowledge operating standard office equipment.
Working Conditions & Environmental Factors:
- Extended viewing of computer screen.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise and temperature changes.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing situations calmly and efficiently.
- Requires handling of confidential matters.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Qualified candidates only. Please email or send resume to:
8300 NE Underground Drive, Suite 100
Kansas City, MO 64161