Hunt Midwest is a dynamic real estate development company with over 50 years of development, construction and management experience in a wide range of projects including industrial, commercial, mission critical, self-storage, residential, multifamily, senior living, mixed-use and SubTropolis, the world’s largest underground business complex.
Hunt Midwest SubTropolis has an opportunity for an armed security/safety officer for the midnight to 8:00 AM shift. Job functions include serving and protecting the properties of Hunt Midwest and enforcing all federal laws, state statutes, and municipal ordinances, and enforcing all other rules and regulations as required. Candidate must be able to present themselves in a professional manner and maintain good working relationships with all employees of Hunt Midwest, its customers, and all visitors and guests.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Maintain a good public image and working relationship with all employees, visitors, and tenant organizations of Hunt Midwest.
- Maintain a visible and constant uniformed presence to promote both security and safety throughout Hunt Midwest properties.
- Enforce the rules and regulations of Hunt Midwest, including all federal laws, state statutes, and municipal ordinances under the authority granted by the Kansas City Board of Police Commissioners. All enforcement is subject to company policy and procedures.
- Initiate preliminary investigations into any reported incidents including criminal activity. Seek the apprehension and/or arrest of criminal suspects and provide accurate reports and court testimony for the prosecution.
- Provide a quick and proper response to any emergency that threatens the life or property of any employee, tenant or visitor to SubTropolis.
- Conduct various inspections and complete reports essential to fire protection and the general safety and security of Hunt Midwest and all affiliates.
- Reports directly to shift command and under the general supervision of the Manager of Safety/Security and the Director of Real Estate Operations.
- Ability to effectively carry out both oral and written instructions.
- Traffic control including vehicle accident investigation and reporting, effective use of emergency lights and equipment.
- Professionally handle trespassers and domestic situations that may include escorting off Hunt Midwest property and/or arrest.
- Perform basic first aid and CPR.
- Ability and willingness to work any shift 24/7 including overtime with short notice, call outs, stand-by responsibilities, special assignments, or as directed by the chain of command.
- Display truthfulness, integrity, and exhibit ethical behavior through being reliable, punctual, accurate, and by assuming one’s share of the workload. Security officers must be honest and impartial, refraining from accepting bribes or “favors”, or using one’s position for personal gain.
- Responsive to other duties as assigned by management.
- Requires a broad knowledge of federal laws, state statutes, and Kansas City municipal ordinances including rules and regulations concerning officer conduct, evidence gathering and presentation.
- Ability to perform and/or use with proficiency: good observation techniques, report writing, oral communications, technological and computer equipment, radio equipment, video monitoring, intrusion alarm monitoring/response, operate and use of motor vehicle in a safe manner including patrol duties, handle emergency responses in a calm and professional manner.
- Proficiency is required but not limited to the following physical activities: apprehension and arrest of suspects who may be resisting and/or fleeing on foot, walk through SubTropolis buildings and physically perform tests on water/sprinkler valves and fire hydrants, safe use of hand tools and small power tools, open and close heavy gates, lift and move 50 pounds, load and unload emergency equipment, utilize steps or work on unlevel ground, and the ability to effectively defend self or others if required.
- Flexibility and ability to calmly adapt to changing situations, includes using sound logic while responding to dangerous and emergency situations.
- Must be able to wear all department issued equipment and uniforms, body armor, and use appropriate defensive tactics. Understand and apply legal standards concerning use of firearms and use of force; make decisions under stress; maintain physical agility, and react quickly to danger.
- Progressive experience in an industrial security/safety setting with an emphasis on fire safety.
- Knowledge of video, intrusion and fire alarm and monitoring systems.
- Ability to use various air quality monitors and instrument.
- 1 year of armed experience in security, law enforcement, or military
- Requires a Class A armed license, issued through the Private Officer’s Licensing Unit of the Kansas City, Missouri Police Department. Firearm proficiency and annual re-qualification is required to maintain employment. Initial license and re-qualification costs are paid for by Hunt Midwest.
- Ability and willingness to train and utilize equipment that may include but is not limited to: firearms, OC spray, handcuffs, fire extinguishers, breathing apparatus, and jump start equipment.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be a US Citizen with a minimum age of 21.
- Possess and maintain a valid Missouri driver’s license.
- Successfully pass a physical/medical examination, as set forth by company policy. Includes (from occasional to constant), the ability to stand, walk, run, sit, drive, bend, stoop, twist, kneel, squat, crawl, climb, jump, push, pull, grip, and use stairs.
- Must successfully pass a criminal history and background check that includes no felonies or serious misdemeanors.
A full range of employee benefits will be offered, including 401(k) programs (matching provision); healthcare (medical and dental coverage); and life and disability insurance. Benefits subject to change.
Qualified candidates only, please email or send resume and salary expectations to:
8300 NE Underground Drive, Suite 100
Kansas City, MO 64161