Website Hunt Midwest
Hunt Midwest is a dynamic real estate development company privately held by the Lamar Hunt family. Based in Kansas City with over 50 years of development, construction and management experience, Hunt Midwest’s wide range of projects include industrial, commercial, mission critical, self-storage, residential, multifamily, senior living, mixed use and SubTropolis, the world’s largest underground business complex.
The Human Resources Generalist supports the talent acquisition, development and retention strategies of the organization. Primary point of contact for managers and employees on employment and employee relations issues. Expected to keep abreast of all federal and state regulations as well as trends that could impact the company. Anticipate the people issues associated with business decisions and assist in developing solutions in partnership with leaders. Working to resolve problems quickly, providing counsel and advice to help business leaders navigate potential challenges. This role includes coaching and influencing team leaders to make wise decisions that are compatible with sound human capital and business practices.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company employees; assists in development and implementation of HR policies and procedures
- Lead Recruiter for all personnel and temporary employees; writes and places job postings; uses variety of sources, including social networks all while working closely with hiring manager to bring on quality candidates
- Process new employees through the complete new hire cycle including pre-screening, interview scheduling, travel arrangements, candidate correspondence, employment offers and background check
- Serves as backup for hourly payroll processing
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements
- Maintain Human Resources Information System (HRIS) records and compile detailed spreadsheets
- Conducts employee training (required and elective) from onboarding forward
- Executes deliverables in a professional and timely manner
- Provides HR guidance/support to client group(s) in the following areas: competency development, succession planning, talent management, talent acquisition, employment law compliance, employee relations, employee engagement, change management and process improvement
- Organize and coordinate company team building events; such as United Way Campaign, company party, employee milestones, anniversary gifts, holiday luncheons and communications meetings.
- Assists in benefits administration which includes new hire enrollment and communicating benefits information to employees
Supervisory Responsibilities (Direct and Indirect):
- Bachelor’s degree and 0-3 years of Human Resource experience
- Basic knowledge of principles and practices of HR administration; specifically Benefits, Training, Recruiting and HRIS
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) as well as Outlook
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities with attention to detail
- Possess superior communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence others by example, positive attitude, coaching and mentoring—“Walk the Talk”
Years of Experience:
- 0-3 years of HR generalist experience.
Degree and Licenses:
- Requires bachelor’s degree in human resources or related discipline such as business administration or management.
- Requires handling of confidential matters.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing situations calmly and efficiently.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Machines & Equipment Operated:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, HRIS, and other related software systems as required.
- Knowledge operating standard office equipment.
Working Conditions & Environmental Factors:
- Extended viewing of computer screen.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise and temperature changes.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Qualified candidates only, please email or send resume and salary expectations to:
8300 NE Underground Drive, Suite 100
Kansas City, MO 64161