Hunt Midwest is a full-service real estate development company with a focus on industrial, commercial, retail, mission critical, multifamily, senior living and residential real estate.
Responsible for all aspects of underground roadway pillar and building painting, and other work as necessary related to underground industrial and commercial business operations. While maintenance team members share responsibilities for all areas of maintenance, we are looking for talented individuals with technical skills in the area of high volume airless spraying painting. Reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor but takes direction from the designated leadman. Minimum of three years of experience in commercial/industrial painting is strongly desired. Underground experience is helpful but not required.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Under supervision from the Maintenance Supervisor and Maintenance Leadman, performs a combination of advanced and basic painting, ensuring the highest quality of workmanship and customer service.
- Performs all tasks supporting larger assignments and projects, including, but not limited to, cleaning, janitorial, sweeping, scrubbing, wiping, dusting, hosing, rinsing, washing and other cleanliness tasks.
- Possesses good working knowledge of painting best practices, maintenance of airless spray equipment, good daily maintenance techniques, painting systems and coating types and application techniques.
- Ability to represent the company professionally at all times with regard to grooming, appearance, verbal and written skills, technical knowledge. Possesses a tenant-focused, can-do customer service attitude.
- Ability to work alone with minimal supervision in a high volume facility with an attention to detail.
- Possesses fundamental maintenance-related teaching skills, is a fast learner, and a great listener.
- Prioritizes the work day according to direction from supervisors and the needs of the facility.
- Comfortable working in a very large, fast-paced commercial and industrial business environment, with 95% of the workday spent on the 2nd shift (3:30 PM-12:00 AM) in an underground environment.
- Generally, our painter has set hours, but associates should be prepared to work flexible hours, including responding to emergencies according to seniority and availability at any time of day.
- Significant OT is available with this position (however this can and will vary).
- Duties are not limited to those described above. Others may be assigned by management.
Supervisory Responsibilities (Direct and Indirect):
- Painters should have good experience in high production commercial or industrial environments, with in-depth knowledge of such systems, their maintenance and installation.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills. Works effectively with tenants, staff, contractors and other employees when necessary (the facility is not heavily occupied during 2nd shift).
- Always puts safety first. Possesses exemplary customer service skills and a naturally fast work pace, an understanding of time management and appropriate prioritization.
- Ability to work mostly independently, but as part of a larger maintenance unit.
- Embraces and understands the importance of new methods, processes and coating technology.
- At least three years progressive work experience (negotiable for the right person).
- Ability to carry out both verbal and written instructions.
- Laborer, Semi-Skilled
- Not required, but formal education beyond high school is beneficial to all applicants.
- Knowledge as normally acquired through 3 to 5 years of on-the-job work experience in maintenance, mining and/or construction.
Machines & Equipment Operated:
- PC, Microsoft Office; Sharepoint experience is helpful.
- Various hand tools
- Various personnel lifts, forklifts, powered tools
Years of Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years experience
- Ability to meet deadlines. Excellent time management.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing situations calmly and efficiently.
- Requires handling of confidential matters.
- All maintenance team members must join the Heavy Laborer’s Union 663 representing our maintenance crew 6 weeks after hire.
Working Conditions & Environmental Factors:
- Exposure to extreme heat or cold (-10F to 115F).
- Potentially dark and dusty work environment.
- Exposure to noise from very loud to silent.
- Working in an underground environment.
- Potentially on-call as needed according to on-call structure.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by their supervisor.
Qualified candidates may apply in person and/or send resumes to:
Hunt Midwest Enterprises
8300 NE Underground Drive, Suite 100
Kansas City, MO 64161