Hunt Midwest is a full-service real estate development company with a focus on industrial, commercial, retail, mission critical, multifamily, senior living and residential real estate.
Responsible for all aspects of HVAC maintenance, repairs, improvements and other work related to underground industrial and commercial business operations. While maintenance team members share responsibilities for all areas of maintenance, we are looking for talented individuals with technical skills as well as general maintenance expertise. Reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor but takes direction from the designated leadman. Minimum of three years of experience in property management/maintenance is strongly desired. Underground experience is helpful but not required.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Under supervision from the Maintenance Supervisor and Maintenance Leadman, performs a combination of advanced and basic mechanical HVAC work (as well as associated plumbing and mechanical work) and other preventative maintenance according to HME standards, ensuring the highest quality of workmanship and customer service.
- Performs all tasks supporting larger assignments and projects, including, but not limited to, cleaning, janitorial, sweeping, scrubbing, wiping, dusting, hosing, rinsing, washing and other cleanliness tasks.
- Possesses intermediate mechanical, electrical, HVAC and other building maintenance trades knowledge. Proficient ability in HVAC is required. Experience with ammonia refrigeration is desired.
- Ability to represent the company professionally at all times with regard to grooming, appearance, verbal and written skills, technical knowledge. Possesses a tenant-focused, can-do customer service attitude.
- Intermediate ability to conduct building system installations for mechanical systems.
- Possesses fundamental maintenance-related teaching skills, is a fast learner, and a great listener.
- Prioritizes the work day among both proactive and reactive work orders, maintenance requests and emergency items.
- Comfortable working in a very large, fast-paced commercial and industrial business environment, pboth above ground and below ground.
- Generally, our HVAC technicians have set hours, but associates should be prepared to work flexible hours, including responding to emergencies according to seniority and availability at any time of day.
- Duties are not limited to those described above. Others may be assigned by management.
Supervisory Responsibilities (Direct and Indirect):
- HVAC technicians are required to have vocational certification (or higher) in HVAC, with in-depth knowledge of such systems, their maintenance and installation.
- Understanding of the current regulations within the fields of HVAC systems, facilities maintenance, new system installation and commissioning, recordkeeping and safety.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills. Works effectively with tenants, staff, contractors and other employees.
- Always puts safety first. Possesses exemplary customer service skills and a naturally fast work pace, an understanding of time management and appropriate prioritization.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Embraces and understands the importance of new methods, processes and technology.
- At least three years responsible work experience (negotiable for the right person).
- Ability to carry out both verbal and written instructions.
- Not required, but formal education beyond high school is beneficial to all applicants.
- Knowledge as normally acquired through 3 to 5 years of on-the-job work experience in maintenance, mining and/or construction.
- Vocational certification (or higher) in HVAC is required.
Machines & Equipment Operated:
- PC, Microsoft Office; Sharepoint experience is helpful.
- Various hand tools
- Electrical, pneumatic, pressure gauges, and other equipment specific to HVAC maintenance
- Various personnel lifts, forklifts, powered tools
Years of Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years experience
- Ability to meet deadlines. Excellent time management.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing situations calmly and efficiently.
- Requires handling of confidential matters.
- All maintenance team members must join the Heavy Laborer’s Union 663 representing our maintenance crew 6 weeks after hire.
Working Conditions & Environmental Factors:
- Exposure to extreme heat or cold (-10° F to 115° F).
- Dark and dusty work environment.
- Exposure to noise from very loud to silent.
- Working in an underground environment.
- Potentially on-call as needed according to on-call structure.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by their supervisor.
Qualified candidates may apply in person and/or send resumes to:
Hunt Midwest Enterprises
8300 NE Underground Drive, Suite 100
Kansas City, MO 64161